History of CSB Bank
CSB Bank is an Indian private sector bank with its headquarters at Thrissur, Kerala. It is one of the oldest banks in India founded on 26 Nov 1920. It has strong base in Kerala along with significant presence in Tamilnadu, Karnataka & Maharashtra with overall customer base of 13 Lakh as on 31st Mar 2019. They have 414 branches (excluding three service branches and two asset recovery branches) and 290 ATM’s spread across 16 states and four union territories, and various alternate channels.
Out of 414 branches, 353 branches were located in southern India (including 272 branches located in Kerala and 56 branches located in Tamil Nadu) constituting 85.27% of their total branch network.
CSB has four principal business areas, namely, SME Banking, Retail Banking, Wholesale Banking and Treasury operations.
Object of Issue
- To augment Bank’s Tier-I capital base to meet Bank’s future capital requirements and to ensure compliance with Basel III and other RBI guidelines.
- To achieve the benefit of listing on stock market through offer sale.
Financials of CSB bank Limited
Fig ‘Rs. in Cr.’
Net Interest Margin stood at 3.43 % during April-Sep 2019 period vs 2.8% in FY 2019.
- Strong channel network and trusted brand in South India.
- Strong capital base post FIHMs investment in bank.
- Well established SME business.
- Retail driven strong gold loan portfolio with 34% growth in gold loan book in FY19 vs FY18.
- Streamlined risk management controls, policies and procedures.
- Professional and experienced management
CSB Bank IPO Schedule
For best view rotate your phone screen to left or right
|Offer Start Date||22 Nov’2019|
|Offer End Date||26 Nov’2019|
|Finalization of Basis of Allotment||2 Dec’2019|
|Initiation of Refunds||3 Dec’2019|
|Credit of Shares to Demat Accounts||3 Dec’2019|
|Listing Date CSB IPO||4 Dec’2019|
CSB Bank IPO Detail
|IPO Issue Dates||22 Nov’19 – 26 Nov’19|
|Issue Size||Rs. 409.7 Cr|
|Offer for Sale||Rs. 385.7 Cr.|
|Fresh Issue||Rs. 24 Cr.|
|Price Band||Rs. 193-195 per share|
|Min Market Lot||75 Shares|
|Listing at||NSE & BSE|
|Min. Application Amt||Rs. 14,625/-|
Recommendation of CSB Bank IPO
- Weak Past performance.
- No major growth in Deposits.
- High P/E than peers like (Federal Bank, DCB bank, South Indian Bank etc).
- Capital Position improves after equity infusion.
- Transformation and digitization to a new age bank with strong promoter backup.
- Revamping operational strategy to boost growth and profitability.
- Promising future with rich regional penetration (South India).
- Bank has reported profit in 2019.
With Banks major and recent focus in Gold loans and commitment for reduction in Corporate Loans to further control NPA’s and Banks asset quality have improved drastically and its NPAs have also reduced from 2.87% to 2.27% ; further as per the market sentiments for this IPO we recommend to subscribe for short term listing gains.
Grey Market Premium/GMP of CSB Bank IPO
Present GMP of CSB IPO is expected to remain between Rs. 68 – 72 which is further expected to increase after looking to second and third days subscription numbers.
CSB BANK IPO Recommendations
ICICI Direct – Subscribe
Zee Business – Subscribe
HEM Securities – Subscribe
Angel Broking – Neutral
CSB Bank IPO Subscription Status (NSE)
Date & Time
|Nov 22, 2019 17:00||0.00x||0.10x||5.60x||1.05x|
|Nov 25, 2019 17:00||0.26x||1.07x||21.53x||4.35x|
|Nov 26, 2019 17:00||62.18x||164.68x||44.25x||86.88x|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CSB Bank is an Indian private sector bank and is nearly 100 years old with strong presence in South India, is planning to list on Market through its IPO.
CSB Bank IPO is coming on November 22- November 26, 2019 with Price Band of Rs. 192-Rs. 195 per share.
The basis of allotment will be finalised on December 2, 2019 and allotted shares will be credited to demat account by December 3, 2019.
Present Grey market Premium (GMP) of CSB IPO is Rs. 68- Rs. 72 as on November 30, 2019.
The tentative date of listing of CSB Bank IPO is December 4, 2019